Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Granny
- grannie (less common)
- Rhymes: -æni
- Hyphenation: gran‧ny
granny (plural grannies)
- (colloquial) A grandmother.
- I'm going to be a granny.
- (colloquial, derogatory) An elderly woman.
- There are too many grannies around here getting in the way.
- (knots) A granny knot.
- (farming, colloquial) An older ewe that may lure a lamb away from its mother.
colloquial, derogatory: an elderly woman
granny (not comparable)
- (informal) typically or stereotypically old-fashioned, especially in clothing and accessories worn by or associated with elderly women.
- granny dress; granny glasses
- (informal, intransitive) To be a grandmother.
- (informal, intransitive) To act like a stereotypical grandmother; to fuss.