Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Mud or fine earth deposited from running or standing water.
- Material with similar physical characteristics, whatever its origins or transport.
- (geology) A particle from 3.9 to 62.5 microns in diameter, following the Wentworth scale
fine earth deposited by water
- (transitive) To clog or fill with silt.
- (intransitive) To become clogged with silt.
- (transitive) To flow through crevices; to percolate.
to flow through crevices; to percolate
silt n (plural silten)