Simplified from 狹 (夾 → 夹).
Phono-semantic compound (形聲): semantic 犭 (“dog”) + phonetic 夹 – narrow-minded, like a dog.
狭 (radical 94 犬+6, 9 strokes, cangjie input 大竹大廿 (KHKT), composition ⿰犭夹)
- KangXi: not present, would follow page 711, character 10
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 20406
- Dae Jaweon: page 1123, character 10
- Hanyu Da Zidian: volume 2, page 1343, character 10
- Unihan data for U+72ED
|For pronunciation and definitions of 狭 – see 狹.
(This character, 狭, is the simplified form of 狹.)
(common “Jōyō” kanji, shinjitai kanji, kyūjitai form 狹)
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text