Simplified from 稅 (兌 → 兑). Phono-semantic compound (形聲): semantic 禾 + phonetic 兑 (OC *l'oːds).
税 (radical 115 禾+7, 12 strokes, cangjie input 竹木金口山 (HDCRU) or X竹木金口 (XHDCR), composition ⿰禾兑)
- KangXi: not present, would follow page 854, character 20
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 25070
- Hanyu Da Zidian: volume 4, page 2609, character 10
- Unihan data for U+7A0E
|For pronunciation and definitions of 税 – see 稅.
(This character, 税, is the simplified form of 稅.)
(grade 5 “Kyōiku” kanji)
税 (hiragana ぜい, rōmaji zei)
From 力 (chikara, “strength”). That which is produced from strength, ie labor.
税 (hiragana ちから, rōmaji chikara)
- the collection of grain from the commoners masses to the state; a tax, taxes
税 • (se, tal) (hangeul 세, 탈, revised se, tal, McCune-Reischauer se, t'al, Yale sey, thal)
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text