Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- plural of
- The Ancient Egyptian culture had many distinctive and interesting beliefs and customs.
- (plural only) The duties or taxes imposed on imported or exported goods.
- Customs of £200 were due on all the wine we took back from France.
- (singular) The government department or agency that is authorised to collect the taxes imposed on imported goods.
- Customs has pulled us over on our way for an inspection.
plural of custom — see custom
the duties or taxes imposed on imported or exported goods
custom house — see custom house
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.