Jump to navigation Jump to search
customs (plural customs)
- (in the plural) The duties or taxes imposed on imported or exported goods.
- Customs of £200 were due on all the wine we took back from France.
- (in the singular) The government department or agency that is authorised to collect the taxes imposed on imported goods.
- Customs has pulled us over on our way for an inspection.
the duties or taxes imposed on imported or exported goods
custom house — see custom house
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
See the etymology of the main entry.
- plural of