Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (in the plural) The duties or taxes imposed on imported or exported goods.
- Customs of £200 were due on all the wine we took back from France.
- (in the singular or uncountable) The government department or agency that is authorised to collect the taxes imposed on imported goods.
- Customs stopped us in the airport for an inspection.
- The process of going through customs checks at a border checkpoint.
- They usually don't care about customs, but she was clearly planning on selling most of it.
- The location at a border checkpoint where customs checks are carried out.
the duties or taxes imposed on imported or exported goods
government agency — see custom house
customs checks at a border checkpoint
custom house — see custom house
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
See the etymology of the corresponding lemma form.
- plural of