Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (transitive) To determine, estimate or judge the value of; to evaluate
- He assessed the situation.
- (transitive) To impose or charge, especially as punishment for an infraction.
- The referee assessed a penalty for delaying the game.
- A $10.00 late fee will be assessed on all overdue accounts.
- (transitive) To calculate and demand (the tax money due) from a person or entity.
- Once you've submitted a tax return, the Tax Department will assess the amount of tax you still owe.
Terms derived from assess
to determine the value of
to give or charge with
to impose or subject to