blowout (plural blowouts)
- A sudden puncturing of a pneumatic tyre / tire.
- A sudden release of oil and gas from a well.
- A social function, especially one with large quantities of food.
- (slang, sports) A sporting contest that is decidedly one-sided and whose outcome is no longer in doubt.
- The game between the two teams was nothing but a blowout.
- (geology) A sandy depression in a sand dune ecosystem caused by the removal of sediments by wind.
- (Australia) An extreme and unexpected increase in costs, such as in government estimates for a project.
- The cleaning of the flues of a boiler from scale, etc., by a blast of steam.
- An unsightly flap of skin caused by an ear piercing that is too large.