Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: Cabal
cabal (plural cabals)
- A usually secret exclusive organization of individuals gathered for a political purpose.
- The cabal is plotting to ruin the world.
- A secret plot.
- The cabal to destroy the building was foiled by federal agents.
- An identifiable group within the tradition of Discordianism.
- To engage in the activities of a cabal.
- 1704, [Jonathan Swift], “Section I. The Introduction.”, in A Tale of a Tub. […], London: Printed for John Nutt, […], OCLC 752990886, page 45:
- [W]e think it very unbecoming our Prudence, that the Determination ſhould be remitted to the Authors themſelves; when our Adversaries, by Briguing and Caballing, have cauſed so univerſal a Defection from us, that the greater Part of our Society has already deſerted to them, [...]
- 1840, George Payne Rainsford James, The King’s Highway, volume I, pages 68–69:
- [...] I believed her to have been carried off by some persons belonging to a party of Jacobites who were known to be caballing against the government, though to what extent was not then ascertained.
cabal (masculine and feminine plural cabals)
cabal m (plural cabals)
cabal (plural cabales)