Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (transitive) to certify; to attest (to assert as true or meeting a standard)
O perito certificou a assinatura.
- The specialist certified the signature.
- (transitive) to certify (to give an official certificate to)
O ministério não quis certificar a nossa ONG.
- The ministry didn’t want to certify our NGO.
- (takes a reflexive pronoun, transitive with de) to make sure (to check whether something is true or proper)
Certifiquem-se de que a válvula esteja fechada.
- Make sure the valve is closed.
- (takes a reflexive pronoun, auxiliary with de and a verb in the impersonal infinitive) to make sure (to remember to)
Espero que alguém se certifique de trazer a comida.
- I hope someone makes sure they bring the food.
Conjugation of the Portuguese -ar verb certificar
- (to assert as true): atestar, asseverar
- (to check whether something is true): garantir
- (not to forget to): lembrar(-se) de
- c becomes qu before e.
1 Argentine and Uruguayan voseo prefers the tú form for the present subjunctive.Other verbs with this conjugation:
These forms are generated automatically and may not actually be used. Pronoun usage varies by region.