Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /kloʊzd/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /kləʊzd/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -əʊzd
closed (not comparable)
- Sealed, made inaccessible or impassable; not open.
- (of a store or business) Not operating or conducting trade.
- Not public.
- closed source
- a closed committee
- (topology, of a set) Having an open complement.
- (mathematics, of a set) Such that its image under the specified operation is contained in it.
- The set of integers is closed under addition: .
- (mathematics, logic, of a formula) Lacking a free variable.
- (graph theory, of a walk) Whose first and last vertices are the same, forming a closed loop.
- (also phonetics (of vowels, syllables)): open
not operating or conducting trade
in mathematics, such that its image under the specified operation is contained in it
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked: "in mathematics"
- simple past tense and past participle of
closed m (plural closedau)
- Alternative form of
|Note: Some of these forms may be hypothetical. Not every|
possible mutated form of every word actually occurs.