Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (General American) IPA(key): /kloʊzd/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /kləʊzd/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -əʊzd
closed (not comparable)
- Sealed, made inaccessible or impassable; not open
- (of a store or business) Not operating or conducting trade
- Not public.
- closed source
- a closed committee
- (topology, of a set) Having an open complement.
- (mathematics, of a set) Such that its image under the specified operation is contained in it.
- The set of integers is closed under addition: .
- (mathematics, logic, of a formula) Lacking a free variable.
- (graph theory, of a walk) Whose first and last vertices are the same.
not operating or conducting trade
having an open complement
in mathematics, such that its image under the specified operation is contained in it
lacking a free variable
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked: "in mathematics"
- simple past tense and past participle of
closed m (plural closedau)
- Alternative form of
|Note: Some of these forms may be hypothetical. Not every
possible mutated form of every word actually occurs.