Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
dimple (plural dimples)
- A small depression or indentation in a surface.
- The accident created a dimple in the hood of the car.
- The garden pool's dark surface […] breaks into dimples small and bright.
- Specifically, a small natural depression on the skin, especially on the face near the corners of the mouth.
- You have very cute dimples.
- (depression in a surface): dent
small depression or indentation in generic surface
skin depression, especially at corners of the mouth
- (transitive) To create a dimple in.
- The hailstorm dimpled the roof of our car.
- (intransitive) To create a dimple in one's face by smiling.
- The young girl dimpled in glee as she was handed a cupcake.
- To form dimples; to sink into depressions or little inequalities.
- And smiling eddies dimpled on the main.
create a dimple in
create dimples in face by smiling