Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (film, television) A disc placed between a light and the illuminated object or actor in order to diffuse the glare.
- (theater) A template inserted over a light source in order to control the shape of the thrown light.
- A device used to shield a microphone from extraneous sounds.
- The taproot of young burdock plants, eaten as a root vegetable.
- 1988, Brant S. Rogers, Culinary Botany: The Essential Handbook:
- While oriental and specialty markets sell Gobo root to Japanese cooks, herbal medicine enthusiasts use common burdock.