- i's (eye dialect)
- It is.
2013 June 21, Oliver Burkeman, “The tao of tech”, in The Guardian Weekly, volume 189, number 2, page 48:
- The dirty secret of the internet is that all this distraction and interruption is immensely profitable. Web companies like to boast about […] and so on. But the real way to build a successful online business is to be better than your rivals at undermining people's control of their own attention. Partly, this is a result of how online advertising has traditionally worked: advertisers pay for clicks, and a click is a click, however it's obtained.
it’s too expensive; it’s coming right for us!
- It has.
It’s been a long time since I’ve had cheesecake.
- (colloquial) There's, there is; there're, there are.
it's a fine line between love and hate; it's a package for you by the door
- (it is): ’tis
- (now nonstandard) Alternative form of
- The manner wherewith our Lawes assay to moderate the foolish and vaine expences of table-cheare and apparell, seemeth contrarie to it’s end.
- 1787, United States Constitution, Article I:
- No State shall, without the Consent of the Congress, lay any Imposts or Duties on Imports or Exports, except what may be absolutely necessary for executing it's inspection Laws[.]
- 1803, President Thomas Jefferson, Instructions to Captain Meriwether Lewis:
- The object of your mission is to explore the Missouri river, & such principal stream of it, as, by it’s course & communication with the waters of the Pacific Ocean.