Jump to navigation Jump to search
- An alcoholic drink fermented from honey and water.
- (US) A drink composed of syrup of sarsaparilla or other flavouring extract, and water, and sometimes charged with carbonic acid gas.
- bragget (“drink made from ale, honey & spices”)
mead (plural meads)
- (poetic) A meadow.
- 1848, Alfred, Lord Tennyson, In Memoriam, 28:
- Four voices of four hamlets round, / From far and near, on mead and moor, / Swell out and fail, as if a door / Were shut between me and the sound [...].
- 1920, H. P. Lovecraft, The Doom that Came to Sarnath:
- There ran little streams over bright pebbles, dividing meads of green and gardens of many hues, [...].
- J. Poole W. Barnes, A Glossary, with Some Pieces of Verse, of the Old Dialect of the English Colony in the Baronies of Forth and Bargy (1867)