Jump to navigation Jump to search
measles (plural measles)
- Rubeola, an acute highly contagious disease, often of childhood, caused by Measles virus, of genus Morbillivirus, featuring a spreading red skin rash, fever, runny nose, cough and red eyes
- Any of several other similar diseases, such as German measles.
- A disease of pigs and cattle, caused by larval tapeworms.
- A disease of trees, in which the leaves are covered in spots.
- Plural in form, but usually used with a singular verb.
any of similar contagious diseases
measles pl (plural only)