Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Rhymes: -ʌkʃən
- (biology) The transfer of genetic material from one bacterial cell to another by a bacteriophage or plasmid.
- The process whereby a transducer converts energy from one form to another.
- (physiology) The conversion of a stimulus from one form to another.
- (physics) The conversion of energy (especially light energy) into another form, especially in a biological process such as photosynthesis or in a transducer.
- (logic) A form of inference involving reasoning from one specific case to another (compare induction).