Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- third-person singular present indicative form of eixir
- second-person singular imperative form of eixir
ix or īx (indeclinable)
- A name of the letter X.
- Multiple Latin names for the letter X, x have been suggested. The most common are ix or īx, ex, or a syllabic x, although there is some evidence which also supports, as names for the letter, xē and xə.
- (name of the letter X): ex
- (Latin’s names for the letters of its own alphabet): ā (A), bē (B), cē (C), dē (D), ē (E), ef (F), gē (G), hā (H), ī (I), kā (K), el (L), em (M), en (N), ō (O), pē (P), kū (Q), er (R), es (S), tē (T), ū (V), ix / īx / ex (X), ȳ (Y), zēta (Z)
- Arthur E. Gordon, The Letter Names of the Latin Alphabet (University of California Press, 1973; volume 9 of University of California Publications: Classical Studies), especially pages 30–31, 42–44, and 63