Japanese shinjitai simplified from 鹽 (臣 → 土 and 鹵 → 口).
塩 (radical 32 土+10, 13 strokes, cangjie input 土人口廿 (GORT), composition ⿰土𬐚)
- KangXi: not present, would follow page 236, character 34
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 5382
- Dae Jaweon: page 474, character 27
- Hanyu Da Zidian: not present, would follow volume 1, page 472, character 11
- Unihan data for U+5869
|For pronunciation and definitions of 塩 – see 鹽 (“salt; salty substance, especially table salt; salt; etc.”).
(This character, 塩, is a variant form of 鹽.)
(grade 4 “Kyōiku” kanji, shinjitai kanji, kyūjitai form 鹽)
/siho/: [ɕipo] > [ɕiɸo] > [ɕiwo] > [ɕio].
塩 (shinjitai kanji, kyūjitai kanji 鹽, hiragana しお, rōmaji shio, historical hiragana しほ)
- shio no kesshō
- salt crystal
塩 (shinjitai kanji, kyūjitai kanji 鹽, hiragana えん, rōmaji en)
- (chemistry) substance that is mostly made in neutralization, such as sodium chloride