籥 (radical 118, 竹+17, 23 strokes, cangjie input 竹人一月 (HOMB), four-corner 88227, composition ⿱𥫗龠)
- KangXi: page 905, character 18
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 26771
- Dae Jaweon: page 1330, character 13
- Hanyu Da Zidian: volume 5, page 3032, character 12
- Unihan data for U+7C65
Phono-semantic compound (形聲, OC *lowɢ): semantic 竹 (“bamboo”) + phonetic 龠 (OC *lowɢ).
- (archaic) an ancient notched vertical bamboo flute with three or six fingerholes, used in Confucian ritual music and dance
- (literary) lock and key
- Synonyms: 鎖鑰／锁钥 (suǒyuè)
- (archaic) erasable bamboo strips used by children to practice writing
(uncommon “Hyōgai” kanji)
- three-holed flute
籥 (eum 약 (yak))
- Hanja form? of 약 (“an ancient notched vertical bamboo flute of Chinese origin with three fingerholes used today only in Confucian ritual music and dance in South Korea”).