Variant of 錢, simplified from 錢 (戔 → 㦮); compare 残.
The modern Japanese usage is of reform (shinjitai) nature.
銭 (radical 167 金+6, 14 strokes, cangjie input 金戈手 (CIQ), composition ⿰金㦮)
- KangXi: not present, would follow page 1305, character 21
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 40413
- Dae Jaweon: page 1808, character 8
- Hanyu Da Zidian: volume 6, page 4193, character 3
- Unihan data for U+92AD
|For pronunciation and definitions of 銭 – see 錢 (“money; cash; currency; coins; etc.”).
(This character, 銭, is a variant form of 錢.)
(grade 5 “Kyōiku” kanji, shinjitai kanji, kyūjitai form 錢)
- sen (a hundredth of yen)
銭 (hiragana せん, rōmaji sen)
- hundredth of a yen
- (obsolete, archaic) one-thousandth of a kan