Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Of or pertaining to an axis; of the nature of, or resembling, an axis; around an axis.
- Belonging to the axis of the body; as, the axial skeleton; or to the axis of any appendage or organ; as, the axial bones.
- (botany) in the same direction as the axis, parallel to the axis.
- the secondary xylem usually consists of axial and radial elements
- (dentistry location adjectives) anterior, apical, axial, buccal, cervical, coronal, distal, distobuccal, distofacial, distoincisal, distolingual, facial, gingival, incisal, inferior, labial, lingual, mandibular, maxillary, mesial, mesiobuccal, mesiodistal, mesiofacial, mesioincisal, mesiolingual, occlusal, palatal, posterior, proximal, superior, vestibular (Category: en:Dentistry) 
of or pertaining to an axis
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
axial (plural axials)
- (ornithology) A flight feather that appears between the primaries and secondaries on some birds.
- (dentistry) A plane parallel to the surface of a tooth.