Jump to navigation Jump to search
- moderatour (obsolete)
moderator (plural moderators)
- someone who moderates
- Angling was […] a moderator of passions.
- the person who presides over a synod of a Presbyterian Church
- (physics) a substance (often water or graphite) used to decrease the speed of fast neutrons in a nuclear reactor and hence increase likelihood of fission
- a device used to deaden some of the noise from a firearm, although not to the same extent as a suppressor or silencer.
- (Britain) An examiner at Oxford and Cambridge universities.
- 1792, Anthony à Wood, The History and Antiquities of the University of Oxford: In Two Books, volume 1, Oxford: John Gutch, OCLC 642441055, page 661:
- One hall called Civil Law Hall or School, flouriſhed about this time (though in its buildings decayed) by the care of the learned and judicious Dr. Will. Warham Principal or Moderator thereof […]
- (Ireland) At the University of Dublin, either the first (senior) or second (junior) in rank in an examination for the degree of Bachelor of Arts.
- (Britain) someone who supervises and monitors the setting and marking of examinations by different people to ensure consistency of standards.
- A mechanical arrangement for regulating motion in a machine, or producing equality of effect.
- (historical) A kind of lamp in which the flow of the oil to the wick is regulated.
someone who moderates
person who presides over the synod of the Presbyterian church
(Internet) A person who enforces the rules of a forum
- second-person singular future passive imperative of
- third-person singular future passive imperative of
- moderator in Charlton T. Lewis and Charles Short (1879) A Latin Dictionary, Oxford: Clarendon Press
- moderator in Charlton T. Lewis (1891) An Elementary Latin Dictionary, New York: Harper & Brothers
- moderator in Charles du Fresne du Cange’s Glossarium Mediæ et Infimæ Latinitatis (augmented edition, 1883–1887)
- moderator in Gaffiot, Félix (1934) Dictionnaire Illustré Latin-Français, Hachette
moderator m (Cyrillic spelling модератор)