Jump to navigation Jump to search
prism (plural prisms)
- (geometry) A polyhedron with parallel ends of the same size and shape, the other faces being parallelogram-shaped sides.
- A transparent block in the shape of a prism (typically with triangular ends), used to split or reflect light.
- A crystal in which the faces are parallel to the vertical axis.
- (figurative) A perspective that colors one's perception.
- 2023 June 10, Phil McNulty, “Manchester City 1 - 0 Inter Milan”, in BBC Sport:
- It is a simple fact that many outside the Abu Dhabi-owned club will always view their triumph through the prism of the charges of 115 financial breaches brought against them by the Premier League, charges they fiercely deny.
geometry: polyhedron with parallel ends of the same size and shape
block used to split or reflect light