Jump to navigation Jump to search
From a shortening of puppy.
pup (plural pups)
- A young dog, wolf, fox, seal, or shark, or the young of certain other animals.
- The dog has had that bed since he was just a pup.
- A young, inexperienced person.
- The new teacher is a mere pup.
- Any cute dog, regardless of age.
- My pup likes to run as fast as he can, yet cannot always stop in time!
- A short semi-trailer used jointly with a dolly and another semi-trailer to create a twin trailer.
young dog, etc.
young, inexperienced person
to give birth to pups
pȕp m (Cyrillic spelling пу̏п)
Declension of pup
- “pup” in Hrvatski jezični portal