Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Dolly
dolly (plural dollies)
- A contrivance, turning on a vertical axis by a handle or winch, and giving a circular motion to the ore to be washed; a stirrer.
- A tool with an indented head for shaping the head of a rivet.
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Knight to this entry?)
- In pile driving, a block interposed between the head of the pile and the ram of the driver.
- A small truck with a single wide roller used for moving heavy beams, columns, etc., in bridge building.
- A compact, narrow-gauge locomotive used for moving construction trains, switching, etc.
- (film) A specialized piece of film equipment resembling a little cart on which a camera is mounted.
- (children, colloquial) A child's name for a doll.
- (cricket) A ball hit by a batsman such that it goes gently to a fielder for a simple catch.
- Welsh: doli
A small truck with a single wide roller used for moving heavy beams, columns, etc., in bridge building
a camera cart
- (specialized piece of film equipment): tracking shot