Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (intransitive, of viviparous animals) To release live offspring from the body into the environment
- It was clear that she was about to give birth.
- (intransitive, with to, of viviparous animals) To become the female parent of.
- She gave birth to a beautiful baby girl.
- (intransitive, figuratively, usually with to, idiomatic) To become the source of.
- Einstein gave birth to a famous equation relating energy to mass.
- To "give birth" refers to either the time of childbirth as a point in time or to the period of labor preceding childbirth.
produce new life
to become the source of
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked