Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: réception
Audio (US) (file)
- The act of receiving.
- (uncountable, electronics) The act or ability to receive radio or similar signals.
- We have poor TV reception in the valley.
- The new system provides exceptional quality of the reception signal.
- A social engagement, usually to formally welcome someone.
- After the wedding we proceeded to the reception.
- A reaction.
- The ambassador's jokes met a cold reception.
2011 September 29, Jon Smith, “Tottenham 3 - 1 Shamrock Rovers”, in BBC Sport:
- Former Tottenham star Rohan Ricketts came off the Rovers bench with 19 minutes to go to a warm reception from the home fans, six years after leaving the Lane.
- The desk of a hotel or office where guests are received.
- (Britain, education) The school year, or part thereof, between preschool and Year 1, when children are introduced to formal education.
- (desk where guests are received): front desk
act of receiving
electronics: act or ability to receive signals
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
|Inflection of reception|