Jump to navigation Jump to search
Users with Japanese or Korean settings on their computers may see an erroneous currency symbol.
- (computing) A common prefix for escape characters.
- (computing) A path name component separator in some operating systems, predominantly Microsoft ones.
- (regular expressions) Matches what the nth marked subexpression matched using parentheses: ( ).
- \7 matches the 7th subexpression
- Usually called the backslash
- Most operating systems use the slash ("/") as a path name component separator. This is by no means comprehensive however; Primos for example used ">". Microsoft OSes, such as Windows and DOS, are the major ones which use backslash as the separator.
- dashes ( ‒ ) ( – ) ( — ) ( ― )
- ellipsis ( … )
- exclamation mark ( ! )
- fraction slash ( ⁄ )
- guillemets ( « » )
- hyphen ( - ) ( ‐ )
- interpunct ( · )
- interrobang (rare) ( ‽ )
- parentheses ( ( ) )
- period (US) or full stop (UK) ( . )
- question mark ( ? )
- quotation marks (formal) ( ‘ ’ ) ( “ ” )
- quotation marks (informal, Computing) ( " ) ( ' )