Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: ∖ [U+2216 SET MINUS], 丶 [U+4E36 CJK UNIFIED IDEOGRAPH-4E36], ₩ [U+20A9 WON SIGN], and ¥ [U+00A5 YEN SIGN]
Users with Japanese or Korean settings on their computers may see an erroneous currency symbol.
- (computing) A common prefix for escape characters.
- (computing) A pathname component separator in some operating systems, predominantly Microsoft ones.
- Coordinate term: /
- (regular expressions) Matches what the nth marked subexpression matched using parentheses: ( ).
\7matches the 7th subexpression
- Usually called the backslash.
- Most operating systems use the slash ⟨/⟩ as a pathname component separator. This is by no means comprehensive however; PRIMOS and Multics for example used ⟨>⟩. Microsoft OSes, such as Windows and DOS, are the major ones which use backslash as the separator, for historical reasons.
- dashes ( ‒ ) ( – ) ( — ) ( ― )
- ellipsis ( … )
- exclamation mark ( ! )
- fraction slash ( ⁄ )
- guillemets ( « » ) ( ‹ › )
- hyphen ( - ) ( ‐ )
- interpunct ( · )
- interrobang (rare) ( ‽ )
- parentheses ( ( ) )
- period (US) or full stop (Britain) ( . )
- question mark ( ? )
- quotation marks (formal) ( ‘ ’ ‚ ) ( “ ” „ )
- quotation marks (informal, computing) ( " ) ( ' )