Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- to learn by exchanging ideas and experiences; friendly competition; improvement by learning from others
|Kanji in this term|
|せつ > せっ
- applying oneself and studying hard to cultivate oneself
- Friendly competition, improving oneself by learning from others.
- apply oneself and study hard to improve oneself
- Try to improve by learning from others, apply oneself to closely to someone.
- The Kōjien (広辞苑) Dictionary of the Japanese Language, 5th edition, Iwanami Shoten Publishing, Tokyo.