晋 (radical 72 日+6, 10 strokes, cangjie input 一金日 (MCA), composition ⿱亚日)
- advance, increase
- Chinese feudal state of Jin (11th century BCE – 376 BCE), a state of the Zhou Dynasty in northern China
- Chinese Jin dynasty (265–420)
- 35th hexagram of the I Ching
- Shanxi province
- KangXi: page 495, character 2
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 13899
- Dae Jaweon: page 860, character 8
- Hanyu Da Zidian: volume 2, page 1506, character 3
- Unihan data for U+664B
This character is listed in the Kangxi dictionary (正字通) as an unorthodox form (俗字) of 㬜, which is a variant character of 晉.
Found also in calligraphic works of 颜真卿 (Tang dynasty).
(“Jinmeiyō” kanji used for names)
- to proceed
晋 (hiragana すすむ, rōmaji Susumu)
- A male given name.
Same as 晉, which is an older form of 晋.