Phono-semantic compound (形聲): semantic 酉 (“oxygenated functional group”) + phonetic 旨 (). Modelled after *kjiʔ脂 (zhī, “lipid”) with a radical input from other oxygenated organic compounds such as 醇 (chún, “alcohol”) and 酸 (suān, “acid”), referring to ester linkages in lipids like glycerides.
- KangXi: not present, would follow page 1283, character 5
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 39861
- Hanyu Da Zidian: volume 6, page 3581, character 10
- Unihan data for U+916F
|simp. and trad.
- Min Nan
- (organic chemistry) ester
- This entry needs a definition. Please add one, then remove