Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (cat): Thaï
Borrowed from Thai ไทย (tai). Doublet of Tai and Dai.
Thai (comparative more Thai, superlative most Thai)
- Of or pertaining to Thailand.
of or pertaining to Thailand
Thai (countable and uncountable, plural Thai or Thais)
- (countable) A person living in or coming from Thailand.
- 1958, Russell H. Fifield, The Diplomacy of Southeast Asia: 1945-1958, New York: Harper & Brothers, →LCCN, →OCLC, →OL, page 263:
- The Bangkok government indicated real concern over the developments in Communist China’s Yunnan province. Thai officials were afraid that Sibsongpanna would be a center where pro-Communist Thai in Southeast Asia would go and where subversive agitation could be directed against outside legitimate governments.
- A domestic cat breed.
- (uncountable) The main language spoken in Thailand (closely related to Lao).
- (uncountable) Thai cuisine; traditional Thai food.
- (person) Thailander
- (language) Thailandish
person from Thailand or of Thai origin
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
- Thai Cat on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- Thaï cats on Wikimedia Commons.Wikimedia Commons
- Wiktionary’s coverage of Thai terms
- Appendix:Thai Swadesh list for a Swadesh list of basic vocabulary words in Thai
- Thai–English Dictionary: from Webster’s Dictionary — the Rosetta Edition.
- ISO 639-1 code th, ISO 639-3 code tha (SIL)
- Ethnologue entry for Thai, tha
(This etymology is missing or incomplete. Please add to it, or discuss it at the Etymology scriptorium.)
Thai m (plural Thai or Thais)
- A Thai person.
- English terms borrowed from Thai
- English terms derived from Thai
- English doublets
- English 1-syllable words
- English terms with IPA pronunciation
- English terms with audio links
- Rhymes:English/aɪ/1 syllable
- English terms with homophones
- English lemmas
- English adjectives
- English nouns
- English uncountable nouns
- English countable nouns
- English indeclinable nouns
- English nouns with irregular plurals
- English terms with quotations
- en:Domestic cats
- en:Writing systems
- Dutch terms with IPA pronunciation
- Dutch terms with audio links
- Rhymes:Dutch/ɑi̯/1 syllable
- Dutch lemmas
- Dutch proper nouns
- Dutch neuter nouns
- Dutch nouns
- Dutch indeclinable nouns
- Dutch nouns with plural in -s
- Dutch masculine nouns