Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
bogie (plural bogies)
- (rail transport, Britain, Australia, New Zealand, Canada) Structure with axles and wheels under a railway carriage or locomotive, called railroad truck in US English. Also used under semitrailers, and lorries with more than one rear axle.
- (India) Railway carriage
- (military) An aircraft of unknown friend/foe status. (compare bandit)
- (golf) A score one stroke higher than par on any one hole, a bogey.
- (music) A toy similar to a violin bow, consisting of a wooden stick with notches along one or more sides or edges to produce a rattly noise when kratzed (stroked) against a hard edge, lip of container etc.
- A piece of solid or semisolid mucus in or removed from the nostril.
- (Ulster Scots) Ghost.
structure with axles and wheels
railway carriage — see railway carriage
cigarette — see cigarette
military: aircraft of unknown status
golf: score one stroke higher than par — see bogey
music: toy similar to a violin bow
piece of mucus
ghost — see ghost