Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (transitive) to staunch (to stop the loss of blood)
- (transitive, figuratively) to staunch (to stop, check, or deter an action)
Conjugation of the Portuguese -ar verb estancar
- (of water) detain, staunch, or hold back the flow of water.
- suspend, or stop a project or business plan.
- prohibit the free movement of merchandise
- c becomes qu before e.
1 Argentine and Uruguayan voseo prefers the tú form for the present subjunctive.Other verbs with this conjugation: