Jump to navigation Jump to search
- To make a feint, or mock attack.
to make a counterfeit move to confuse an opponent
feint (not comparable)
- (obsolete) Feigned; counterfeit.
- (fencing, boxing, war) (of an attack) directed toward a different part from the intended strike
to attack a different part of the body form that apparently indicated
feint (plural feints)
- A movement made to confuse the opponent; a dummy.
- That which is feigned; an assumed or false appearance; a pretense or stratagem.
- Courtley's letter is but a feint to get off.
- (fencing, boxing, war) An offensive movement resembling an attack in all but its continuance
- The narrowest rule used in the production of lined writing paper (C19: Variant of FAINT)
a movement made to confuse the opponent
- “feint”, in Wurdboek fan de Fryske taal (in Dutch), 2011