» All languages » Proto-Germanic language
This is the main category of the Proto-Germanic language.
Information about Proto-Germanic:
Proto-Germanic is a reconstructed language. Its words and roots are not directly attested in any written works, but have been reconstructed through the comparative method, which finds regular similarities between languages that cannot be explained by coincidence or word-borrowing, and extrapolates ancient forms from these similarities.
According to our criteria for inclusion, terms in Proto-Germanic should not be present in entries in the main namespace, but may be added to the Appendix: namespace.
- Category:Proto-Germanic lemmas: Proto-Germanic lemmas, categorized by their part of speech.
- Category:gem-pro:All topics: Proto-Germanic terms organized by topic, such as "Animals" or "Chemistry".
- Category:Proto-Germanic appendices: Pages containing additional information about Proto-Germanic.
- Category:Proto-Germanic names: Proto-Germanic words that indicate names of individuals.
- Category:Regional Proto-Germanic: Proto-Germanic terms used in specific regions or dialects.
- Category:Requests (Proto-Germanic): Proto-Germanic entries that need attention of experienced editors.
- Category:Proto-Germanic templates: Proto-Germanic templates, containing reusable wiki code that help with creating and managing entries.
- Category:Proto-Germanic terms by etymology: Proto-Germanic terms categorized by their etymologies.
- Category:Terms derived from Proto-Germanic: Categories with terms derived from Proto-Germanic in various specific languages.
- Category:Proto-Germanic terms needing attention: Proto-Germanic terms that need the attention of knowledgeable editors.
- Category:User gem-pro: Wiktionary users categorized by fluency levels in Proto-Germanic.
This category has the following 13 subcategories, out of 13 total.
Pages in category "Proto-Germanic language"
This category contains only the following page.