» All languages » Proto-Germanic language
This is the main category of the Proto-Germanic language.
Information about Proto-Germanic:
Proto-Germanic is a reconstructed language. Its words and roots are not directly attested in any written works, but have been reconstructed through the comparative method, which finds regular similarities between languages that cannot be explained by coincidence or word-borrowing, and extrapolates ancient forms from these similarities.
According to our criteria for inclusion, terms in Proto-Germanic should not be present in entries in the main namespace, but may be added to the Appendix: namespace.
- Category:Proto-Germanic lemmas: Proto-Germanic lemmas, categorized by their part of speech.
- Category:gem-pro:All topics: Proto-Germanic terms organized by topic, such as "Animals" or "Chemistry".
- Category:Proto-Germanic appendices: Pages containing additional information about Proto-Germanic.
- Category:Proto-Germanic entry maintenance: Proto-Germanic entries, or entries in other languages containing Proto-Germanic terms, that are being tracked for attention and improvement by editors.
- Category:Proto-Germanic names: Proto-Germanic terms that are used to refer to specific individuals or groups.
- Category:Regional Proto-Germanic: Proto-Germanic terms used in specific regions or dialects.
- Category:Requests (Proto-Germanic): Proto-Germanic entries that need attention of experienced editors.
- Category:Proto-Germanic templates: Proto-Germanic templates, containing reusable wiki code that help with creating and managing entries.
- Category:Proto-Germanic terms by etymology: Proto-Germanic terms categorized by their etymologies.
- Category:Terms derived from Proto-Germanic: Categories with terms derived from Proto-Germanic in various specific languages.
- Category:User gem-pro: Wiktionary users categorized by fluency levels in Proto-Germanic.
This category has the following 20 subcategories, out of 20 total.
- ► Proto-Germanic lemmas (12 c, 2916 e)
- ► Crimean Gothic language (5 c, 0 e)
- ► Proto-Germanic entry maintenance (6 c, 1 e)
- ► Frankish language (8 c, 1 e)
- ► Proto-Germanic modules (0 c, 3 e)
- ► Proto-Norse language (10 c, 0 e)
Pages in category "Proto-Germanic language"
This category contains only the following page.