- (physics) the metric tensor in Quantum Field Theory.
- (chemistry, physics) the coefficient of viscosity
it is pronounced as ETA
η • (i) f sg
The definite article
|* The final "ν" is preserved before vowels, and the plosive/affricate consonants:
κ, π, τ, ξ, ψ, μπ, ντ, γκ, τσ, τζ
- Lower-case eta, the eighth letter of the ancient Greek alphabet. Its name was ἦτα and it represented a long open-mid front unrounded vowel: /ɛː/. It is often transliterated as either e or i. It is preceded by ζ and followed by θ.
- Lower-case eta, the seventh letter of the modern Greek alphabet. Its name is ήτα and it represents a close front unrounded vowel: /i/. It is often transliterated as either e or i. It is preceded by ζ and followed by θ.
- (Greek-script letters) Α α (A a), Β β (B b), Γ γ (G g), Δ δ (D d), Ε ε (E e), Ζ ζ (Z z), Η η (Ē ē), Θ θ (Th th), Ι ι ℩ (I i ℩), Κ κ (K k), Λ λ (L l), Μ μ (M m), Ν ν (N n), Ξ ξ (X x), Ο ο (O o), Π π (P p), Ρ ρ (R r), Σ σ ς (S s s), Τ τ (T t), Υ υ (U u), Φ φ (Ph ph), Χ χ (Kh kh), Ψ ψ (Ps ps), Ω ω (Ō ō)
- (punctuation) · ;
- (diacritics) ᾿ ῾ ´ ` ῀ ¨ ¯ ˘