兎 (radical 10 儿+5, 7 strokes, cangjie input 竹中日戈 (HLAI))
The Kangxi dictionary lists 兎 as the unorthodox character (俗字) of 兔. This character is the preferred form used in Japan.
- KangXi: page 124, character 24
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 1359
- Dae Jaweon: page 264, character 4
- Hanyu Da Zidian: volume 1, page 270, character 5
- Unihan data for U+514E
|For pronunciation and definitions of 兎 – see 兔.
(This character, 兎, is a variant form of 兔.)
(“Jinmeiyō” kanji used for names)
兎 (counter 羽, hiragana うさぎ, katakana ウサギ, rōmaji usagi)
- rabbit; hare; bunny; leporid
- As with many terms that name organisms, this term is often spelled in katakana, especially in biological contexts, as ウサギ.
兎 • (to) (hangeul 토, revised to, McCune-Reischauer t'o)
- 토끼 (tokki) rabbit, hare
- 달 (dar, dal) moon
兎 (thỏ, thố, kim)
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text