匈 (radical 20 勹+4, 6 strokes, cangjie input 心山大 (PUK), four-corner 27720, composition ⿹勹凶)
- breast, chest, thorax
- the Xiongnu (sometimes referred to as the Huns) and by extension 'Hungary'.
- KangXi: page 151, character 4
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 2512
- Dae Jaweon: page 340, character 9
- Hanyu Da Zidian: volume 1, page 258, character 5
- Unihan data for U+5308
Pictogram (象形): breast, chest. The derivative 胸 refers to the original word.
|For pronunciation and definitions of 匈 – see 胸.
(This character, 匈, is the second-round simplified and variant form of 胸.)
- Hun, Hunnic
- Hungary, Hungarian (as abbreviation of 匈牙利)
- Alternative form of 凶 (xiōng).
- Alternative form of 兇／凶 (xiōng).
This character is only used in some proper nouns and is not productive in modern Chinese. See 匈奴 and 匈牙利.
(uncommon “Hyōgai” kanji)
匈 (hiragana きょう, rōmaji kyō)
- Abbreviation of 匈牙利. Hungary
匈 • (hyung)
- Sound (hangeul): 흉 (revised: hyung, McCune-Reischauer: hyung)
- Name (hangeul): 오랑캐 (revised: orangkae, McCune-Reischauer: orangk'ae)
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text