Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
to cross; be stuck; to diverge; to open (as legs); fork; pitchfork; prong; pick; cross; intersect
|simp. and trad.
- Min Nan
Middle Chinese: /jiaH t͡ʃʰˠɛ|t͡ʃʰˠa/
|Kanji in this term|
- yaksha, a broad class of nature spirits or minor deities who appear in Hindu, Buddhist, and Jain mythology. May be male or female, benevolent or malevolent.
- (Buddhism) in Buddhism, yakshas are held to be followers of 毘沙門天 (Bishamonten, “Vaiśravaṇa, the chief of the Four Heavenly Kings”), and guardians of the north
- (figuratively) a demon
- Ano onna no ko wa okoru to masa ni yasha no yō da yo.
- When that girl gets angry, she's a real demon.
- 夜叉が馬を見たよう (yasha ga uma o mita yō): "like when the yaksha saw the horse" → an expression of extreme happiness, from a story of a yaksha who lost his horse
- 薬叉 (yakusha)