Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: aswell
- aswell (archaic)
- IPA(key): /æzwɛl/, [æˑzˈwɛːɫ]
- IPA(key): /æzˈwɛl/, [æˑzˈwɛːɫ]
- IPA(key): /əzˈwɛl/
Audio (AU) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɛl
- (idiomatic) In addition; also.
- Wearing his hat and coat, he looked outside and decided he should take an umbrella, as well.
- To the same effect.
- They might as well walk as drive in this traffic.
- 1898, Charlotte Perkins Gilman, Women and Economics:
- There is no female mind. The brain is not an organ of sex. As well speak of the female liver.
- (South Africa) Me too.
- In Canada, it may be used either at the start of a phrase or at the end.
in addition, also
to the same effect
- as well at OneLook Dictionary Search