Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Appendix:Variations of "bac"
- (Hà Nội) IPA (key): /ˀɓaːʔk̚˧ˀ˦/
- (Huế) IPA (key): /ˀɓaːʔk̚˦˥/
- (Hồ Chí Minh City) IPA (key): /ˀɓaːʔk̚˦ˀ˥/
- (archaic) father
- paternal uncle, father's elder brother
- paternal aunt-in-law, father's elder brother's wife
- used to address a person who is (presumably) a little older than one's parents
- (informal, colloquial) used to address a person who is a little older than one, which could be replaced by anh ("brother") or chị ("sister"), usually in order that their children can learn how to address that person.
- to scramble (eggs, etc.)