Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- I throw, cast or fling back.
- I chase, force or drive back, repel.
- (with reflexive) I throw or cast myself back or again; throw or fling myself anywhere.
- (figuratively) I cast off, repel, remove, reject, repulse; deter, divert.
- (figuratively) I refuse, reject, scorn, disdain, despise.
- (figuratively) I refer, remand or hand over to.
- (figuratively) I put off to a later time, defer, postpone, delay.
- “reicio” in Charlton T. Lewis & Charles Short, A Latin Dictionary, Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1879.