Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- I throw, thrust, drive, fling or hurl forth, down, away or out; discharge, scatter.
- (by extension) I stretch out, hold out, extend, project.
- (by extension) I cast out, expel, exile, banish.
- (in architecture) I let part of a building jut out, cause to project.
- (figuratively) I throw away, give up, yield, resign, renounce, reject, disdain; neglect, desert, abandon.
- (figuratively, with se) I rush into something; degrade myself.
- (figuratively) I put off, defer, delay.
- “proicio” in Charlton T. Lewis & Charles Short, A Latin Dictionary, Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1879.