Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: takeback
take back (third-person singular simple present takes back, present participle taking back, simple past took back, past participle taken back)
- To retract/withdraw an earlier statement
- No, you are not fat; I take it all back.
- To cause to remember some past event or time
- That tune takes me back to my childhood.
- To resume a relationship
- She has forgiven him, and taken him back.
- To regain possession of something
- The wedding is off, and he has taken back the ring.
- To return something to a vendor for a refund
- Take back faulty goods to the shop where you bought them.
- (to retract an earlier statement): recant, unsay; See also Thesaurus:recant
take back — see withdraw
retract an earlier statement
cause to remember some past event or time
to regain possession of something
to return something to a vendor for a refund