Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- IPA: /ɒd/
Etymology 1 
Alteration of God.
- (archaic except in dialects) God
Etymology 2 
An arbitrary coinage.
- An alleged force or natural power, supposed, by Reichenbach and others, to produce the phenomena of mesmerism, and to be developed by various agencies, as by magnets, heat, light, chemical or vital action, etc.; — also called odyle or the odylic force.
declension of od
od + genitive
- Dostal jsem dopis od bratra. -- I got a letter from my brother.
- To je od tebe moc hezké. -- That is very nice of you.
From Old Norse oddr.
- sharp point
Inflection of od
Alternative forms 
- o (used before a consonant)
Pronunciation depends on a following word.
od + genitive
- Pracuję codziennie od siódmej do piętnastej. – I work from 7 AM till 3 PM every day.
- Czekam na ciebie od osiemnastej. – I have been waiting for you since 6 PM.
- IPA: /ôd/
ȍd (Cyrillic spelling о̏д)
- (with genitive) from
- od Zagreba do Beograda — from Zagreb to Belgrade
- od jutra do mraka — from morning to night
- od 5 do 10 sati — from 5 to 10 o'clock
- od danas — from today on
- od sad(a) — from now on
- od tad(a) — from then on
- od kraja zime — from the end of winter
- (with genitive) since
- od Nove godine — since New Year
- (with genitive) made of
- stolica od drveta — a wooden chair
- novčić od srebra — a silver coin
- (with genitive) of
- selo od tri kuće — a village of three houses
- jedan od njih — one of them
- čovjek od r(ij)eči — a man of his word
- to je bilo jako jako l(ij)epo od tebe — that was very nice of you
- (with genitive) than
- on je najpametniji od svih — he is the smartest of them all
- on je viši od svoje sestre — he is taller than his sister
- (with genitive) by (in passive constructs)
- bomba je pronađena od strane policije — that bomb has been found by the police
- (with genitive) because of, from, with (denoting cause)
- umr(ij)eti od gladi — to die of hunger
- umr(ije)eti od dosade — to die of boredom
- drhtati od straha — to tremble with fear
- tresti se od hladnoće — to tremble from the cold
od or odo + genitive
- (with genitive) from, away from
- (with genitive) starting from (place or time)
- (with genitive) originating from, having origin in
- (with genitive) of, belonging to, part of
- (with genitive, in comparisons) than
- (with genitive) of, from, because of, due to