head; chief; first (occasion); first (thing); measure word for poems
each other; appearance; portrait; picture; one another; mutually
|simp. and trad.
|Literally: “highest chancellor”.|
- Cantonese (Jyutping): sau2 soeng1
- Hakka (Sixian, PFS): sú-siong
- Min Nan (POJ): siú-siòng / siú-siàng
- Min Nan
- (Hokkien: Quanzhou, mainstream Taiwanese, Xiamen, Penang)
- (Hokkien: Zhangzhou)
- the highest level chancellor in the Song dynasty
- prime minister
The translation of prime minster in Chinese varies according to the country in question. For example, the prime minister of the United Kingdom, Japan and Belgium is translated as 首相, while the prime minister of members of the Commonwealth of Nations (other than the UK) and Thailand is translated as 總理／总理 (zǒnglǐ), the same term used to refer to the premier of the People's Republic of China.
|Kanji in this term|
|Hanja in this term|