Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: constituțional
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˌkɒnstɪˈtjuːʃənəl/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˌkɑnstɪˈtuːʃənəl/
Audio (US) (file)
- Relating to a legal or political constitution.
- a constitutional right
- constitutional reforms
- Brexit has rocked the foundations and plunged everyone into a state of heightened constitutional anxiety.
- Some in Westminster are already speculating that it would cause a constitutional crisis
- Conforming to a legal or political constitution.
- The UK Government’s White Paper, ‘The United Kingdom’s exit from and new partnership with the European Union’ pledges ‘continued adherence to the constitutional framework, rights and institutions provided for in the Belfast Agreement’, Jonathan Tonge, University of Liverpool, UK, Citizens' Rights and Constitutional Affairs, European Parliament, The Impact and Consequences of Brexit for Northern Ireland
- Any Member State may decide to withdraw from the Union in accordance with its own constitutional requirements. Treaty on European Union.
- Belonging to, or inherent in, the constitution, or in the structure of body or mind.
- a constitutional infirmity
- constitutional ardour or dullness
- For the benefit of one's constitution or health.
- a constitutional walk
- (conforming): unconstitutional
relating to the constitution
conforming to the constitution
constitutional (plural constitutionals)(nominalized adjective)
- A walk that is taken regularly for good health and wellbeing.