A pictogram of an air flow. The glyph of 气 and 乞 comes from the same seal form.
It also has simplified Chinese usage.
气 (radical 84 气+0, 4 strokes, cangjie input 人一弓 (OMN) or X人一弓 (XOMN), four-corner 80017, composition ⿳𠂉一⺄)
- Kangxi radical #84, ⽓ (“steam”).
- Shuōwén Jiězì radical №8
- KangXi: page 599, character 3
- Dai Kanwa Jiten: character 17043
- Dae Jaweon: page 990, character 14
- Hanyu Da Zidian: volume 3, page 2010, character 1
- Unihan data for U+6C14
|For pronunciation and definitions of 气 – see 氣.
(This character, 气, is the simplified form of 氣.)
|For pronunciation and definitions of 气 – see 乞.
(This character, 气, is a variant form of 乞.)
|For pronunciation and definitions of 气 – see 餼.
(This character, 气, is a variant form of 餼.)
(uncommon “Hyōgai” kanji)
- steam radical (きがまえ,kigamae)
- This character exists only as a radical in Japanese. The corresponding character is 気.
- This term needs a translation to English. Please help out and add a translation, then remove the text