Jump to navigation Jump to search
Moor (plural Moors)
- (historical) A member of an ancient Berber people from Mauretania.
- (historical) A member of an Islamic people of Arab or Berber origin ruling Spain and parts of North Africa from the 8th to the 15th centuries.
- (archaic) A Muslim or a person from the Middle East or Africa.
- (dated) A person of mixed Arab and Berber ancestry inhabiting the Mediterranean coastline of northwest Africa.
- A person of an ethnic group speaking the Hassaniya language, mainly inhabiting Western Sahara, Mauritania, and parts of neighbouring countries (Morocco, Mali, Senegal etc.).
a member of a certain mixed race of Arab and Berber people
a member of a this race that formerly occupied Spain
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
Translations to be checked
Declension of Moor
Hyponyms of Moor
- Moor in Duden online